- Archives: “there is something about the smell and feel of a one hundred and twenty year old piece of paper..”
- Cataloguing and arrangement, what goes where and why?
- 1856, a year in the life of Mary Bealey as told by her cheques.
- Mary Bealey’s Methodist Chapel
- Great plans for the future…but what are they?
Category Archives: Archive Skills
You may have been wondering what I’ve been upto for the past six months or so. Well, after having shuffled around a lot of boxes and complied various lists, I got down to the task of arranging and cataloguing the papers … Continue reading
As with most collections, one of the most difficult things for me to do as the project archivist is to get what I’m doing publicised and the archives used by as many people as possible without compromising the limited time I have available for doing the … Continue reading
I’m Helen Lindsay and I have been a volunteer at Bury Archives since April 2009 and in January 2010 I started studying at the University of Dundee for an MLitt in Archives & Records Management by distance learning. I’ve done … Continue reading